[rollei_list] Re: 3.5F and 3.5E question

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 19:10:06 -0300

Ken:
        The F cameras have a coupled lightmeter and the E cameras have
an uncoupled lightmeter. It means with the F that when the lightmeter
needle and the exposure needle representing the camera f-stops/shutter
speeds values are coinciding the camera is already prepared for the
right exposure because you obtain both needles coincidence moving the
camera f stops and/or the shutter speeds wheels directly.
With the E cameras the lightmeter working is independent regarding the
real camera EV adjustment, it means you need to read the right EV in
the lightmeter and after you obtained the right EV number from the
lightmeter, you still need to apply it to the camera EV adjustment, in
other words it's a built-in lightmetr working like an external
lightmeter.

Carlos