[rollei_list] 3.5F Lightmeter

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 12:00:28 -0700 (PDT)

Before to disassemble my 3.5F's lightmeter, I did several reading comparisons
with the Gossen silicon blue cell and the CdS Kalimar light meters for natural
light outdoors and natural light indoors (slight low light), both incident and
reflected light readings at ISO 100 and ISO 400. It was a surprise to notice
the 3.5F lightmeter is working right for both light measurement methods,
numbers were identical or the differences were less than 1/4 stop and then I
need an explanation for the overexposures and noticeable readings differences
regarding the same lightmeters I got the last time I used the F lightmeter
almost 2 years ago.

The only explanation coming to my mind is that at the time I had discovered I
was keeping my cameras within a humid site at my "new" married man home, I
moved my cameras to a drier place then; perhaps humidity affected the LM
mechanism or/and the cells and they became "normal" now due to the drier place,
humidity can be a serious problem here sometimes.
Thanks again for the comments that awoke me a renewed interest about to the
3.5F lightmeter.

Carlos

      Yahoo! Cocina

http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/