[rollei_list] Re: 2.8FX shutter cock and film advance 'synchronisation'

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:48:50 +0000 (GMT)

Thank you very much about the pics. I think I
understood your original question. When you advance
the crank, the crank movement advances the film to the
next frame and also the same movement cocks the
shutter; if the camera transport mechanism is right,
this crank movement cocks the shutter completely only
if the new frame reaches its right position on the
camera focal plane, if the frame advance is partial,
you can't release the shutter, you can press the
button, but it does not work, and then if you can
release the shutter, if your camera film transport
mechanism allows that you release the shutter before
you rotated the crank till its stop, something is
wrong in your camera.-

All the best
Carlos

  --- chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx escribió:

> Uh-oh - I guess another way of stating this is can
> you press the shutter if
> the crank has not been fully (clock-wise) rotated
> before returning to the
> ready position?  Could be too a 'quirk' introduced
> in the newer GX/FX
> models?
> Nice pics BTW!
>
> On 12/12/05, Carlos Manuel Freaza
> <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I was reading your original post and IMO you are
> > right, if the film does not advance enough, you
> > couldn't release the shutter, Richard K is right,
> > perhaps your camera is needing an adjustment.-
> >
> > All the best
> > Carlos
> > --- chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx escribió:
> >
> > > Thanks for the suggestion. Yes I would have
> > > certainly aligned the arrows
> > > correctly. I should emphasise too that out of
> the 3
> > > rolls that I shot 2 were
> > > fine.  Will obviously be trying a few more rolls
> > > (taking care to crank to
> > > the click) but I think my question may well have
> > > been better phrased by
> > > asking is the procedure for next frame advance
> > > 'idiot proof' - assuming what
> > > I have described is normal behaviour then it is
> not.
> > > And thats fair enough!

> back
> > > with
> then
> current
> film
> like
> > > the
> my
> perfect.-

> > > everyone

> Knoppow

> course
> > > there
> even
> > > modern
> thing
> > > thay
> > > problem

> is
> > > about
> replaced
> > > the GX
> new

> > > rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > > rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > logging

> available at

> rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > with 'subscribe'
> > > www.freelists.org

> rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > with
> logging
> > > into www.freelists.org

> > 1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
> > Correo Yahoo!, el mejor correo web del mundo
> > http://correo.yahoo.com.ar
> >
> > ---
> > Rollei List

=== message truncated ===