[rollei_list] 2.8FX shutter cock and film advance 'synchronisation'

  • From: <chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 10:27:07 +0000

Hi
I am a new rollei user having recently purchased a lightly-used 2.8FX....
Needless to say I fired off a couple of rolls pretty quickly. 2 of them were
fine but to my horror on one of them there was a pair of partially
overlapping frames (about 1cm) - presumably the film had not been
sufficiently advanced.
Its quite possible of course we have a case of user error  - that I did not
bring the crank back fully to the stop position. But I would have thought
that if I had done so I would not have been able to release the shutter?  On
checking it out later with a dud-film I found that it does appear to be
possible to get a shutter release without a 'full crank'.
Any thoughts on whether I may have a problem or is it simply a case of
'rubbish-in; rubbish-out'?
best rgds
Mike