[rollei_list] Re: 2,8F and Rollei Pano Head

  • From: Emmanuel BIGLER <bigler@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 14:36:10 +0100

Hi Carlos from good ol' Europe

Congratulations for this nice panoramic shot. I like very much the mood of this "green eveywhere" scene.
Believe me or not, but here in certain places of Franche Comté, namely deep humid forested valleys of small rivers where the sun hardly ever reaches the ground, we do have scenes very similar to yours!

Hence your example pushes me to capture in a similar manner the mood of our hidden parts of Franche Comté ;-)

However, sometimes, hand-held panoramic shots with no special equipment work well,
1/ when the subjet is very far away (no need to know where the entrance pupil of the lens is located ;-)
2/ and when the brightness range of the subject in the whole panorama is not extreme.

Here is an example, already known to our lists members. taken with a camera similar to Carlos' camera, a Rolleiflex 3,5F Planar.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/43175600@N00/15986052470/

Technical details :
Hand-held, no tripod, no panoramic device, same exposure time / aperture for all frames, frame stitching and geometry re-calculation with Hugin and Panorama tools under Linux.
I have chosen a cylindrical projection, an orthoscopic projection would have distorted the buidings in the edges beyond what would be reasonable.

All the best ! The Rollei TLR rules, even for panoramic shots, in the digital age ;-)

--
Emmanuel

---
Rollei List

- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Online, searchable archives are available at