[rollei_list] Re: 2.8E Film advance Issue

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 16:21:19 -0800

Zach,

Just pay it or use it as is. A 2.8E is worth repairing, especially if you got it for nowt!

Jerry

Zachary Kessin wrote:
I have a rollei F2.8E (circa 1957) that I was given some months ago. It has worked pretty well up until the last few rolls. It seems that now when I load film the film advance mechanism never comes to a stop, so it is impossible to know when I have advanced the film unto the next stop. One solution is just to go "too far" and always turn the crank 360deg, It would probably mean that I only get 6-8 shots per roll, but thats better than nothing.

Is there a simple fix for this that will not cost me a fortune. the camera repair shop said it would be at least 1000NIS (about $250 ) in labor alone to fix, so I would like to be able to avoid this if I can.

--Zach