[rollei_list] Re: 2.8D jammed

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 20:18:43 +0200

Hi Slobodan,

thanks.

Is there any way I could test to check? Since everything has been working so smoothly (and I haven't heard any strange noises, or felt anything 'change' while winding) I wonder if I wouldn't have noticed a spring breaking. Maybe it's so small it just dies without giving notice?

If you're right, I guess that means that I'll be taking the Contax IIa along instead. It will give me a chance to shoot some Kodachrome :-).

Cheers,
Thor

On 1 Apr, 2008, at 19:39, slobodan dimitrov wrote:
It's probably a broken spring. The spring tensions a pawl while the wind mechanism is in travel. It's a common breakage. The spring in question has been upgraded since the D came out.
Slobodan

On Apr 1, 2008, at 10:19 AM, Thor Legvold wrote:
After about 8 rolls of film, today after taking the first frame of a roll I find that I cannot wind the film forward. The crack will turn backwards (I believe this cocks the shutter), but will not go forward (advance film).

Everything has been working smooth and nice so far, so I'm hoping it's something obvious I've missed (besides a CLA).

I was planning on taking it with me tomorrow for a 2 day trip to another city while there on business.... but only if it's working.

Anyone?

(also, how does one operate the multi-exposure lever? I haven't figured out mine yet)

Cheers,
Thor

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org