[rollei_list] Re: 2.8D back in business

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 11:09:20 +0200

I just spoke with Jürgen to thank him, and he said no problem to mention prices.

Here's the estimate I received:

Hi Thor,
here is my Estimate for the 2.8D # 1614xxx

repair Shutter and film transport U.S.$ 160.00
remove all bumps ( Leather covering ) and clean exterior of Camera, install new mirror in viewfinder and camera body if you desire ( check prices for the orig. mirrors ) 50.00 repair EVS locking, broken special spring ( complete gear assy. ) I have a few left, the repair is included in the 50.00 above, however the part price is 20.00
Mirror for viewfinder 25.00
Mirror for Camera body installing N/C 30.00
Maxwell screen Hi Lux plain with grid lines 140.00

shipping 40.00

Total 465.00
Both Mirrors are O.K. however it would improve the brightness of the Maxwell screen, but I leave that up to you.

From what he said, the camera I got from eBay is very clean and completely original, mostly gummed up grease and lubricants inside, no previous tinkering or missing pieces. It looks like new now.

So I did the whole hog, which ended up costing quite a bit. But I don't think the prices are bad at all, esp if all one needs is a CLA of shutter + film transport.

Cheers,
Thor

On 8 May, 2008, at 23:24, Per Einar Forberg wrote:

Can you also reveal the price for the repair/overhaul?

Maybe I should consider trying someone else than Paepke
next time a camera needs some attention.

Congrats with your reborn gem of a camera!

Per Einar Forberg

Den 8. mai. 2008 kl. 23.18 skrev Sam B. Anson:

Glad you're pleased with your "new" 2.8D. Can you give me Jurgen's contact info? Thanks,

Sam Anson