[rollei_list] Re: 2,8C Xenotar and the knives sharpener

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 11:21:41 -0700

The tonal scale is excellent, perhaps you should use longer developing time generally.

On 8/18/2019 3:59 AM, CarlosMFreaza wrote:

The same camera that took the portrait with bulb flash 60 years ago and I posted last week , took this image yesterday. I asked to the knives sharpener if I could take him a photograph and he answered me "no problem", he was used to be photographed and filmed. He told me he is 75 years old, his family came from Galicia, Spain and his grandfather and his father were knives sharpeners too.; he also told me only six knives sharpener are still active in the country, one of them he in my city.

He suddenly appeared on the street on his bicycle playing the harmonica to announce his presence; I had the 2,8C loaded with a Wephota 100 film sheet in the Rollei plate adapter ready to shoot, however thinking about a different shot, but this was a rare opportunity:
https://flic.kr/p/2gZm8uW
Carlos

PS: The developing time was longer than usual for this shot, I feared an underexposure for some areas in the image.-

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Online, searchable archives are available at