[rollei_list] 2.8A Jena Tessar question

  • From: Dan Daniel <dan.daniel.photos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:18:48 -0800

I was recently given a non-functioning 2.8 Tessar Rolleiflex. In breaking it down for cleaning, I noticed that the barrels of the taking lens set are stamped with serial numbers. The numbers match for the front and back set.

Would this have been done by F&H after coating? Or does it indicate in any way that the issue of de-coupled pairings that I have heard about didn't happen with this set?

Thanks for any info. I haven't been able to take any photos with the camera because of problems with the film transport so I can't say anything about the quality of the lens itself.

I have seen threads asking for info on these models, so here it is:

Body:  1101075
Viewing: Nr. 819302    Heidoscop-Anastigmat 1:2.8 f=8cm
Taking:    Nr. 2448307   Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 1:2.8 f=8cm   T[in red]

The barrels of the taking lenses are stamped 448307; there is no '2' at the beginning.

There is a hand=written note on the barrel of the viewing lens: F=79.4 No other markings on viewing lens barrel.

Dan Daniel
San Francisco, CA