[rollei_list] Re: 2.8 80mm Opton-Tessar

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 09:37:43 -0800

OK Carlos,

You are right Carlos. It can be confusing with all the verbage in these
posts. And once again I have confused you. Sorry. Let me do it like this:

CARLOS WROTE - "My answer was and is that Rollei used the two 1938 lenses to
develop the 1939 2.8 prototype, and Rollei needed the lenses for the camera
series production, the 1939 prototype was ready for production and that
was the reason to buy the lenses on 1939, Rollei needed the lenses but due
to the war Rollei couldn't obtain the tooling to manufacture the camera for
the
market. The 1939 prototype and that Rollei had projected to manufacture the
prototype for the market on 1939 are facts, the 1939 lenses batch bought
from Zeiss for this camera production is my conclusion, and according
Prochnow the lens was recomputed to meet F&H quality needs and then Prochnow
has to do too."

Peter's REPLY to this statement: This, meaning your answer to Marc's comment
is speculation! You are drawing your own conclusions from circumstantial
evidence. Since neither you or anyone else, including Prochnow, was not
there during that period it is speculation!

Now the second part that I wrote was regarding the order of 5K lenses. Marc
noted "Why would F&H order 5,000 lenses which didn't meet their needs?  I
doubt that this was the case."

PETER's REPLY:   The 1930s in Germany were a very depressed period.
Unless F&H had a lot of excess capital I find this ordering 5,000 lenses
unusual.

This (my reply above) is a general statement concerning the time period. I
just find ordering that many lenses during that time to be expensive unless
it was done on a scheduled purchase and delivery basis.

ONE LAST NOTE, Carlos wrote: "You can agree or disagree with Prochnow,
however his career in Rollei was like cameras design engineer from March
1958 to 1994, and his first contract was approved by Reinhold Heidecke after
a personal interview, Prochnow has  several registered D.B.P patents for his
invents and designs like camers designer."

Peter's Reply - I hold several patents too. But that does not make me an
expert in the activities of one of my suppliers. Additionally, something
that happened 20 years prior to my employment is pure speculation and
subject to the tall tale syndrome. This I liken to Prochnow speculating on
what Zeiss did 20+ years before he was an apprentice in 1958. The stories
are subject to change as the years progress.

I hope this clears up your confusion.

Peter K

On 11/16/06, Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Peter, before to write a message, please read who
wrote and mentioned the 5,000 lenses for the first
time, it's seems you again are not following the
complete thread.-

All the best
Carlos

Correo Yahoo!