[rollei_list] Re: 220, it worked!

  • From: John Wild <jwild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:42:11 +0100

Hi Carlos,

What about trying to wedge the rollers apart - with a narrow piece of
masking tape rolled around either end or strip of 'credit card' - when you
load the 220 film? If you did this, would the film actually have to go
through the rollers at all? I do not have a Rolleiflex in front of me as I'm
typing, so cannot actually see how the film would 'fit' if it was over the
top of the rollers.

My reason for suggesting this is that with the Rolleikin kit, the cassette
holder has an arm with a wedge shaped end. This is put between the rollers,
I think, to fool the camera into registering that the film emulsion has just
started.

If this is the case, the only thing that would be necessary would be to wind
the film to the start of the emulsion in the dark, close the back and wind
on one turn and the counter would be at '1' for the first exposure. After
'12' just open the back (in the dark) and close it again and carry on. ????

John