[rollei_list] Re: 220 film in the 'cord IV, surprise!

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 23:02:14 -0500

At 09:37 PM 4/6/2009, Marc Small wrote, in part:
At 08:51 PM 4/6/2009, Elias Roustom wrote:
>You think this would work with the Rolleiflex or is there something
>about the Rolleicord that makes it possible.

It works with any Rolleiflex from the Automat onwards: we have discussed this and that ought to be in our defective archives. The process is this:

Load the 220 film. Shoot the first 12. Put the camera in a changing bag. Crack the back to reset the film counter. Close the back. Take the camera out of the changing bag (a necessary part of things!), and then shoot 12 more exposures. And Bob is your Uncle!

It is a bit more cumbersome, though simpler, than that Queen Anne's Salute mandated for the 12/24 TLR's.

Marc

I think the most simple solution is to just use 12 exposure film in cameras without the 12/24 option.

I used to run a lot of film through my Rollei while diving and I could get out of the water onto the boat, dry the important parts of the housing, change the film, and be back in the water in a couple of minutes.

DAW