[rollei_list] Re: 220 film in the 'cord IV, surprise!

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 05:14:51 -0700 (PDT)

I have developed my first 220 film used in a non 220 film camera, the
Rolleicord IV. It worked according I thought it would work, it's possible to
obtain 23 1/2 frames, I say "possible" because I lost frames 10 and 11 and 17
taking nocturnal photographs due to my cable release did not lock the shutter
at the open "B" shutter position, BTW it has nothing to do with the film format
or the camera film transport and the frames 12 16 and 18 were perfect.

As I expected, opening the camera back after to shoot the frame 12 to reset the
frames counter to 0 allowed to restart the counter again from number one, the
frame 24 was a 1/2 frame, and then you can obtain 12 perfect frames from the
film first part and 11 1/2 frames from the second part, 23 1/2 frames.

I have noticed a bit of light leak for some frames, it could hapen when I
opened the back to restart the counter or it could hapen because the final
paper guide did not wind up completely when I opened the camera back after the
frame 24, anyway the light did not affect the frames very much.
 This is the 220 film drying:
http://itarphotos.blogspot.com/

Carlos