[rollei_list] Re: #21. "On the way to work." New photo posted

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:46:54 -0400

Ken,

It's nice to see you out shooting. I rarely can do it on the way to work, but every Friday in New York City is my day to keep in practice with my camera, to keep my chops to use a musical term. I think you are doing the right thing to shoot as often as possible. And I feel you are on the right path to use film and scan. I suggest you get yourself a Jobo machine so that you can do your own developing. It is one the pleasures of life to be able to have the consistency in processing with the Jobo that nearly all labs can't provide.

Best--Doug

Listers,

#21 here;

http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn

Shot this past Sunday, bright cloudless day, with Zeiss Ikon Ikonta C 524/2, uncoupled rangefinder, 6x9, Novar Anastigmat 105/3.5, Compur Shutter. BW400CN, exposed at 320 ASA, roughly.

I shot this using the "red dot" method of exposure, setting aperture and focus at the "red dots," then choosing an appropriate shutter speed. It worked.

The Naugatuck river here runs between Derby and Shelton, Connecticut. I was standing on the bluffs on the Shelton side, looking across the river at Derby.

Needless to say, the lens is acceptable. :-) Aside from cleaning up dust and scratches, and very slight tweaking of the curves, the photo is as taken.

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Current Medium Format Photos:

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org