[rollei_list] Re: [2009-07-23] update on photoscala.de about F&H, but n o good news so far.##SPAM ASA_schwacher Verdacht

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:19:40 +0100

Shame. I have no need of another TLR and was rather hoping to be able to use my currently redundant 6000 series lenses again :-(

Frank

On 29 Jul, 2009, at 13:02, Dirk-Roger Schmitt wrote:

Thanks, Emmanuel, for you update.

So there is still some minor hope, at least for the TLR.

By the way, I would like to have TLR with a digital back, I do not knwo why this concept should not be any option.

No develobments costs fort he body anyway as it exists.
Need to implement a good back, and then for the viewfinder:

Still full optical screen and in addtion the option for a digital monitor, just to plug in. Perfect viewing because of the shade.

Buy some components for 1000 $ and put it into your TLR.

I have no clue why nobody from Franke & Heidecke already investigated this idea.

Regards

Dirk

At 10:17 29.07.2009, you wrote:
Hello all !

On July 23, 2009, an update about what is happening at F&H in Braunschweig has been published on photoscala.de

http://www.photoscala.de/Artikel/Duestere-Aussichten-fuer-Franke-Heidecke-und-die-Hy6

The legal situation bout ownership of rights on the products fabricated by the F&H company seems to be a _very_ complex affair.

The developments of the HY6 were paid by Jenoptik with some intricated issues with Leaf, now a subsidiary of Phase One, and both companies are entangled with Kodak for license rights on digital back technology !!

However, the article on photscala.de dated july 23 mentions that the legal administrator is still looking for somebody who would continue the twin-lens reflex camera line as well as projectors and electronic shutters. Those shutters besides the 600x lenses, are mounted on demand on Schneider and Linos-Rodenstock view camera lenses; available in sizes #0 and #1, they are perfect for recent "digital" view camera lenses of short focal lengths.

quote :
"In Braunschweig versucht man nach Angaben des Insolvenzverwalters derzeit noch Lösungen für die Zweiäugigen, die Projektoren, die Fachverschlüsse sowie den Werksservice zu finden."
end quote

So Rollei TLR aficionados, there is still some hope...
But as far as the HY6 is concerned, the future is "Duestere- Aussichten" ("dark prospects" ? )

--
Emmanuel