[rollei_list] Re: =20= ?????

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 19:19:45 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ardeshir Mehta" <ardeshir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 6:51 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: =20= ?????

On Monday, April 4, 2005, at 09:46 PM, Richard Knoppow wrote:

On Monday, April 4, 2005, at 07:57 PM, Richard Knoppow wrote:

I've made a couple of changes in the list configuration as suggested by John Madden, the system owner. We will see if it helps.

Thanks, Richard.

It is suggested that messages to the list be sent in plain text. Most mail clients have a setting for disabling quoted printible characters and HTML.

Yes.

But I have found that some of my messages, even when sent in plain text (as I always do), come out eventually on the Rollei list with the "=20" characters in them.

Cheers.

Then they are not really plain text. Check the "quoted printible" setting. It should be set on "allow".

Where does one find this setting? (I am using the application "Mail" by Apple on my Titanium PowerBook.)

I am not a Mac user, isn't there a serchable help file with the application? If there is try searching for Quoted printible.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx