[rollei_list] Re: 135 vs. 135

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 00:58:19 -0300

Claus Prochnow comments some details about the Carl Zeiss Magnar
·"telescope attachment" manufactured from 1939 to 1941 for 6x6 and 4x4
Rollei TLR cameras, it was introduced at the Leipzig Trade Fair in
March 1939, staff memebrs received these instructions "for their own
use only":

"With 6x6 cameras, the maximum speed is f/9, with 4x4 cameras f/7.3.
Exposure should be "generous" (to be mentioned only on direct
questioning). At full aperture, the 6x6 image _will be sharp only an
area of 3x3cm_, f/22 being required for sharpnessright out to the
edges. IN CONJUNTION WITH A ROLLEIKIN, "OPTIMUM SHARPNESS" IS
GUARANTEED AT ANY APERTURE".

It was what I wrote in my nessage below.-

Carlos