[rollei_list] Re: 120/220 modification

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:07:38 -0700

I have to agree with the 12/24 switch. I have rolled all the way through new rolls of 220 many times because I didn't do the switch quite right and it seems always to happen when doing a wedding. Now that my favorite black and white 220 films are gone I have no need of it.
On Jun 30, 2008, at 09:44, Allen Zak wrote:

Dr. Fleenor converted my 3.5F with the factory kit and my MX-EVS with the straphanger lever installation.

Pro: Both conversions make possible the use of 220 film, the benefits of which are already understood.

Con: Everything else. The selector switch on the factory mod can easily be unintentionally actuated, screwing up the count. Therefore, it requires more attention than I would prefer, actually a minor nuisance, although short of a deal breaker. The other conversion is far less fiddley, but it is necessary to keep track of the frame count or risk opening the camera back to change film when you didn't have to yet (and take your time about closing it again, unless you can beat a millisecond or less.)

My take: Pro, worth it for those 24 exposures when you need them. I lean to the lever after having several times messed up with the factory kit, so far not with the other. It is also less expensive to have installed.

Allen Zak

On Jun 29, 2008, at 10:17 AM, Masumi Yamamuro wrote:

<x-tad-smaller> I know I am kid of a lazy guy.</x-tad-smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>When I shoot mediaum format, I prefere using 220 films. It is just becase I do not have to change rolls very often, especially when I am using slide films with a lot of bracketings. I take a lot of street photos. It is a little awkward to change rolls on the street frequently.</x-tad-smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>My 2.8F does not take 220 films. </x-tad-smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>I found on Mr. Harry Fleenor's web site that he does 120/220 modification. </x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>www.rolleirepairs.com/220mod.html</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller> This sounds good for a lazy guy like me.</x-tad-smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>Has anybody had this modification? Any opinions about pros and cons?</x-tad-smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>Thanks, in advance, for help me deciding. </x-tad-smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>マイクロソフトの最新次世代ブラウザ</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>IE7</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>に</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>MSN</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>版ならではの便利な機能をプラス</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller> </x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>http://promotion.msn.co.jp/ie7/</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller> </x-tad-smaller>