[rollei_list] Re: 120/220 modification

  • From: Choiliefan@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 12:15:10 EDT

Lazy:
Harry's $124 120/220 strap hanger modification works very well and may  be a
bit easier to use than the factory 12/24 switch.

I have both versions (on different cameras!) and it's a wash if you keep
track where you are on the roll.  Either way, you lose one frame between
twelves.
You can buy lots of film with the money you save going the less expensive
route and have your transport tweaked at the same time.
Health, Peace
Lance
Selma, NC 27576
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a message dated 6/29/2008 10:18:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
surgeon24hrs@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I know  I am kid of a lazy guy.

When I shoot mediaum format, I prefere using  220 films. It is just becase I
do not have to change rolls very often,  especially when I am using slide
films with a lot of bracketings. I take a lot  of street photos. It is a little
awkward to change rolls on the street  frequently.

My 2.8F does not take 220 films.

I found on Mr.  Harry Fleenor's web site that he does 120/220 modification.
_www.rolleirepairs.com/220mod.html_ (http://www.rolleirepairs.com/220mod.html)
This sounds  good for a lazy guy like me.

Has anybody had this modification? Any  opinions about pros and cons?

Thanks, in advance, for help me deciding.

fuel-efficient used cars.