[rodgersorgan] Re: rodgersorgan Digest V2 #91

  • From: DLH1155@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:05:55 EDT

Hello all,

I have been watching the discussion of exposed pipes in a Baptist Church. I
am proud to announce that my Church, Vinton Baptist Church located in Vinton
Virginia just right outside of Roanoke, Virginia just installed 12 Ranks of
exposed pipes covering the front facade of the Sanctuary.  We purchased and
installed the digital portion of a Rodgers 967 in Spring 2001 and Pipes were
added in late Summer of 2002.  The sound is incredible!  We are hoping to
dedicate this installation this coming July or August.  I will keep the group
updated on this development as we finalize the date.  We hope to have
pictures on our website very soon!

I guess I am lucky that my congregation enjoys seeing the pipes each week as
well as hearing them.

Thanks!

David Hensley
Organ Committee Chairman