[rodgersorganusers] Re: rodgersorgan Digest V2 #293

  • From: "jim/peggy chisholm" <jimpeg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 08:59:12 -0500

To Edwin Russell:  Edwin, the way I handle this problem in Cakewalk is to
right click (while in the score mode) on the note I whish to lengthen or
shorten, a screen pops up that gives among other things the length of the
"beat" of the note in question.  Simply go into this screen and type a new
number for the note you wish to shorten.  Example, a note of the chord shows
a value of 6:0034,  simple type in a new number, such as 4:0034.  This must
be done for each note of the chord.  But is relatively easy to do and works
perfectly.  You may have to experiment with different values to get just the
length you want.

The other half of the problem is also rather easy to do.  You can shift
music into the blank space created by your previous editing by going to the
pane mode, click on the pane you wish to shift to highlight (select it),
(there are other ways to select, but I think you already know that).  Then
go to the top and click on edit, in the edit screen under "slide" type in a
number (seconds, measures, etc.) for the distance you wish to slide the
remaining information (pane).  Type a "-" sign for sliding to the left and a
positive for sliding to right.

Hope this is understandable and that it works.  Jim Chisholm, Organist,
Sevier Heights Baptist, Knoxville, TN