[rodgersorgan] Re: rodgersorgan Digest V1 #71

  • From: Mark <ksdd43@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 04:26:50 -0700 (PDT)

If I understand the question correctly, yes...this can
be done.  At my last church, we had a 1987 model
Rodgers 705.  It was not MIDI ready when it was
purchased. (Although it did have three tabs for MIDI).
 We had a technician come to the church and wire the
console to accept MIDI and sound modules.  We
eventually wound up with two sound modules attached:
one was a Kurzweil and the other was a Yamaha (the
Yamaha came first and had 16 voices - small and
limited - but nice voices.  The Kurzweil came later -
has 132 voices (I believe) and it had the advantage of
giving us different sounds on each keyboard
simultaneously).

Mark