[rodgersorgan] Re: rodgersorgan Digest V1 #119

  • From: Harry Littman <harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:42:17 -0600

on 10/18/02 10:07 AM, ERingquist@xxxxxxx at ERingquist@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 10/18/2002 2:15:23 AM Central Daylight Time,
> ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>

>> I'm looking into buying a real zimberstern for my 960.
>> I've seen real ones, and they're very cool
>> The one I saw was sitting on top of the console, and there were 6 tiny
>> bells hanging on these tiny hooks, arranged in a circle, while a hammer
>> in the middle spun around slowly, striking them one by one.
>> Any ideas how much this costs?
>>
>> Carlo Pietroniro
>> St. Patrick's Basilica
>> Montreal, Quebec
>> 3m Casavant Opus 60, 1895
>> Rodgers 960 at home
>>

> Carlo -
>
> We buy our real Zimbelsterns from New Century Products located in San Diego,
> CA
> The price of a light oak or dark walnut model is $604.00.  If your Basilica
> is over 1,000 seats, they normally recommend a Glockenstern, which has 7
> large brass bells (the Zimbelstern has 9 small brass bells) and has a
> 'larger' bell sound.
>
> New Century Products is located at P.O. Box 27011, San Diego, CA  92198.
> They can be reached at (858) 486-2505.  Their website is www.zimbelstern.com
>
> They do (and encourage) ordering from their website.  Hope this helps you!
>
> Eric Ringquist, Business Manager
> S.B. Smith & Associates, Inc.
> Authorized Representatives for Rodgers Digital and Ruffatti Pipe Organs
> Elmhurst, Illinois
>

> A MIDI Musical Christmas 2002
> An Angelic Christmas 2001
> Music for the PR-300 and Organ Solo at Frog Music Press
>
> To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation)
> go to our website at www.frogmusic.com

In case anyone is interested, the Rodgers Black Beauty has a "real"
Zimbelstern.  It is 6 bells and was labeled Cymbelstern, available as a
drawknob and reversible toe stud.  It can be heard on 2 of the "Heavy Organ"
albums done by Fox.

Harry Littman
Denver, CO
Organ enthusiast & former Black Beauty owner

go to our website at www.frogmusic.com