[rodgersorgan] Re: rodgersorgan Digest V1 #119

  • From: ERingquist@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:07:06 EDT

In a message dated 10/18/2002 2:15:23 AM Central Daylight Time,
ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I'm looking into buying a real zimberstern for my 960.
> I've seen real ones, and they're very cool
> The one I saw was sitting on top of the console, and there were 6 tiny
> bells hanging on these tiny hooks, arranged in a circle, while a hammer
> in the middle spun around slowly, striking them one by one.
> Any ideas how much this costs?
>
> Carlo Pietroniro
> St. Patrick's Basilica
> Montreal, Quebec
> 3m Casavant Opus 60, 1895
> Rodgers 960 at home

Carlo -

We buy our real Zimbelsterns from New Century Products located in San Diego,
CA
The price of a light oak or dark walnut model is $604.00.  If your Basilica
is over 1,000 seats, they normally recommend a Glockenstern, which has 7
large brass bells (the Zimbelstern has 9 small brass bells) and has a
'larger' bell sound.

New Century Products is located at P.O. Box 27011, San Diego, CA  92198.
They can be reached at (858) 486-2505.  Their website is www.zimbelstern.com

They do (and encourage) ordering from their website.  Hope this helps you!

Eric Ringquist, Business Manager
S.B. Smith & Associates, Inc.
Authorized Representatives for Rodgers Digital and Ruffatti Pipe Organs
Elmhurst, Illinois

A MIDI Musical Christmas 2002
An Angelic Christmas 2001
Music for the PR-300 and Organ Solo at Frog Music Press

go to our website at www.frogmusic.com