[rodgersorgan] Re: question

  • From: "Noel Heinze" <noel.heinze@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 08:14:38 -0400

Re saving MIDI voices but they seem to revert to other voices...are you SURE
you changed the MIDI to the new setting before you saved it?  I have fallen
into this trap several times myself.  Example...I put Swell MIDI A, set for
choral ahs, on a piston while in M1.  Then I play around, maybe hit some
more pistons, Swell MIDI A gets changed to strings but I'm not paying
attention, meanwhile I switch to M2, decide I want those nice choir ahs, hit
MIDI A again and save it on a piston, but guess what?  I didn't save the
ahs, I saved the strings, because that's what Swell MIDI A was actually set
for at the time.  Maybe your situation is the reverse, but the rule still
stands...before you save a MIDI voice on a piston, listen to it to be sure
it's the one you think it is.  Question:  does the same thing happen with
other memory levels, or just M1 and M2?  Or have I got this discombobulated?

Noel Heinze, Asheville, NC
St. Giles Chapel, Deerfield Episcopal Retirement Community
Rodgers 835B and PR300S

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com