[rodgersorgan] Re: pipes vs electronics

  • From: "Charlie Strack" <charlie_strack@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:09:20 -0700

" bjwagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" wrote about the costs
involved with installation and upkeep of a pipe organ and
our concern for our fellow humans.

I would say that of course we must care for others. There's not
much point in having an organized religion if we don't do that. And
if somebody has to see what he's getting for his money, that's
a fairly selfish attitude.

As far as pipes, versus electronics, electronics have an important
advantage over pipes in terms of flexibility.

If the pipe scales and voicing turn out to be less than satisfactory
for a church, well it's too bad. There's not much to be done about it
except replace ranks.

With an electronic, much can be done, fairly easily, to re-balance the =
voices.
And if a builder doesn't make this capability available, then consider =
a=20
different builder. With the flexibility of electronics, there's no excuse =
for
not providing these kinds of adjustments. Rodgers even provided it
with their old analog organs.

best regards,
Charlie

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com