[rodgersorgan] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Tom Hoehn <thoehn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 21:55:25 -0400

Actually if you wanna play ala LW - you have to decide what time period
of the program you want to emulate

Lawrence Welk had several organists, the last one being Bob Ralston.
Jerry Burke was the organist I first remember when thinking of the
Champagne Music MAkers - playing a Hammond B?.  Bob Ralston appeared
much later and took over on the Hammond and later the Thomas (Lawrence
Welk Model - 721) The last instumet on the program was (I believe) a
Thomas Trianon.

The traditional LW champagne registration was Tibia (FLute) 16+1.  Very
seldom was any other registration used on the Thomas.  Fast leslie and
long sustain rounded out the combination.  Your Rodgers 321 Trio will
come close to that particular sound although I elieve the rems will have
to be re-adjusted to accomplish it accurately.

tom

--
Tom Hoehn, Organist
http://theatreorgans.com/tomhoehn

The Organ is Truly the King of Instrument - W.A. Mozart