[rodgersorgan] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "Carlo Pietroniro" <organist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 20:29:52 -0400

well first of all, if you want to play 'à la Lawrence Welk', that would be Bob
Ralston, who was the organist on that show. Most of the organs on the show were
either by Thomas, or in later years, Hammond. Basically, when Bob played along
with the rest of the band, the organ wasn't really heard, but when he played
alone (or with a singer), I would say he probably used your basic flutes 8-4-2,
sometimes 8-2-1, sometimes harp, etc. I don't really think a Rodgers would give
you the sound you want, although you're looking more for a playing style, and
not so much relying on the organ. I can get my 960 to sound like a Hammond with
a Leslie! It's all about HOW to play to get the desired effect. If the organ
you bought has flute stops at all the pitches (16-8-4-2-1) and
tremulants/vibratos, then you should get a sound along the lines of a Thomas or
a Hammond, although Rodgers' are not meant to be played that, unless of course
the Trio 321 is a Theatre organ, in which case you'll get exactly what you want.

carlo pietroniro

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com

The Organ is Truly the King of Instrument - W.A. Mozart