[rodgersorganusers] invisible organists

  • From: "Charles Schramm" <metcalfrd3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:21:21 -0500

Noel,
I think you are treading on dangerous ground with this and are
opening up Pandora's box.
While you seem to be taking a cautious approach, I believe that
it still sets a dangerous precedent. There's nothing wrong with
doing without organ music (pre, post or within the service.)
After all, that is done by a number of denominations during Advent
and Lent. I would also add that unison or a cappella part singing
by the congregation can be a very moving experience for those involved.
Anyway, that's my unasked for two cents worth. I wonder how others
on the list feel about it.
Best regards to you and the list from an unseasonal warm, rainy
Maine.
Charles Schramm
retired church musician (after 47+ years)