[rodgersorgan] Re: factory settings/smart card question

  • From: "Paul Marshall" <p.marsh@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 15:30:25 -0400

My 787 came with a blank media card with the manual, etc. I also
noticed, when they were doing the installing, that there is another card
in a little plastic bag taped down inside the organ. Is this for me to
use, or does it keep a copy of some essential system data?  Thanks.

Paul Marshall

From:                   Ralph Cullen <rcullen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:                [rodgersorgan] Re: factory settings/smart card
question
Send reply to:          rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Hi Karen.
> Memories 1,2 anm3 come preloaded from the factory (Dan Miller I think)
> Unless you write to the smart card, the organ will still draw on the
organ
> memory. Ralph At 09:04 AM 6/27/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I did a demo of the T797 for a church committee this past week. (More
than
> >twenty people drove nearly an hour to hear the instrument--and then
spent two
> >hours in a sweltering church. That ducky little organ really wowed
'em!)

> >I used a brand new smart card for my registrations. After filling up
folder A,
> >I was about to start on folder B when I discovered that there were
combinations
> >already set on at least three of the memory levels.  Didn't have time
to do
> >more than a quick check-thru, but the Generals on Memory One seemed
to be a
> >smooth build-up from pp to a rather full organ.
> >
> >As I was using a virgin card, I expected that all the pistons would
initially
> >be blank. So my question is: where did these combinations come from?
Are these
> >the Dan Miller "factory inspired" settings?
> >
> >I don't have an owner's manual in front of me which would give
directions on
> >how to find (restore) the factory settings. Since these settings are
"lurking"
> >on the instruments, is it possible that they are accessed via the
smart card?

> >Karen Keene

Dan Miller
Product Manager, Rodgers Instruments LLC
dmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(503) 681-6544
fax: (503) 681-0444