[rodgersorgan] Why?

  • From: Srorganist@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 23:40:35 EDT

I'm sorry to have to say this, but with all of the complaints about the
"blended", "praise music" and whatever other names you can put on the
services, I have to ask the question:

Why are you the organist at that church?  By being there you are only
encouraging the usage of music of this type, no matter how good you think you
are making it.

So many churches have been "reaching out" to encompass the younger people,
only to find out when pledge time rolls around that the people who are paying
the bills have left for other churches where the music is more to their
liking.

We have two large Methodist Churches here in Tulsa where the membership
numbers above 5,000 (in each) and all of a sudden they are realizing that
they have money problems, but it's almost too late for both of them.  Their
good organists have left and nobody wants to take their place.

So, in my opinion, by your participation, you are only encouraging bad music.

David E. Dillon, Organist
St. Paul's Methodist Church
Tulsa, OK
Owner of a Rodgers 950