[rodgersorgan] Re: What Easter Cantata are you doing?

  • From: "Shirley J. Boyken" <boyken@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 10:55:32 -0700

> Anyhow what are you doing for Easter and in what special ways might you
> be using the Rodgers?

> Anyone using Thunder for the rending of the curtain?   PC 123  Var 2

Yes, indeed....in fact that has become a tradition in our Good Friday
Tenebrae service (Luth. church). I preceed it with a GIANT
windstorm.....beginning barely audible to a high feverish pitch and the
thunder....ending with a LOUD CRASH. Very effective.

On Easter Sunrise service....the church is dark and the PR-300 is playing
"garden" sounds such as trickling of the brook, birds chirping, etc. ends
with a few women coming in to the darkened church and discovering the tomb
is empty followed by a trumpet fanfare and the opening hymn.

Shirley, AZ 955 with PR-300 and Roland 8850