[rodgersorgan] Web Site/Organ

  • From: "randallsmith" <randallsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 13:19:10 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

pictures of the facade.=0D
=0D
The organ was installed in 1930 by the Hinners Organ Company, Pekin,
Illinois.  The lady who was the organist, Elizabeth deLaet had been a
theater organist.  She had a bachelor's degree in Music.  She was a super=
musician and people in West Point still remember her today.=0D
The organ was originally only ten ranks and two manuals.  Today it is a
WHOPPING 12 ranks!   BUT.....  we have a Rodgers 835  married to the Hinn=
ers
and it is awesome!  If you sat in the congregation listening you would th=
ink
it was at least a 3 manual organ of 50-60 ranks of pipes.=0D
I had a fellow organist from Atlanta come by the church.  I asked him to =
sit
in the congregation and listen before he saw the console.  When he did se=
the console, he was shocked it was only two manuals.  Folks, you CANNOT t=
ell
the digital from the real wind blown pipes.=0D
=0D
The church at West Point has spent mega bucks saving and restoring the or=
gan
  We are planning on having the pipe work restored and revoiced in 2004. =
If
you're ever in the neighborhood, stop and see us!=0D
The web site is  www.westpointfumc.org=0D
Look under "contacts" and you can see "your's truly!"=0D
=0D
Randall Smith=0D
West Point FUMC

-- Type: image/gif

Enter our Free Organ Shoes Contest before November 1st.

New link to Christmas Music at www.frogmusic.com!