[rodgersorgan] WRITE DOWN YOUR PISTONS

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:08:31 -0400

I have a church with 5 organists...or at least 4.

The Rodgers 837 with the memory card lets them all have their own pistons, some
of which would be impossible to reconstruct.  I will let you all figure what
that means!

In all training sessions (and there were many) we made it clear that they
should
always keep a hard copy of their pistons.

Within the last 24 hours one of the organists discovered that following a 4
hours power outage, due to construction, the pistons that she had set were
missing.

In the process she tried everything including...reinitializing the card.

Once the organ was turned off and back on again the card is now working just
fine.  No LOW BATTERY message in the Display Window.  It's functioning just as
it is supposed to. Tney even cut the power to the organ to see if the battery
was working ok.

Of course now all the pistons they had set are now gone.

I can't set them bewcuase at least one of the organists has her pistons set to
sound like an electronic organ she played at another church. Celestes and
mixtures.  As I said, these are pistons I could not reconstruct!

Write down your pistons.  Especially if there are very precious adn dear to
your
hearts.

--
noel jones, aago