[rodgersorgan] Use of SOL and PR300S

  • From: dan clarke <dan050@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:39:43 -0400

We recently added a PR300S and SOL to our 837. As a newcomer to midi it
is taking me awhile to learn how to use the PR300S in the woship
service. However, at this time I am  focusing on how to implement  the
SOL
with the organ voices. I have some  questions I would like the
discussion group to answer, if possible.

1. When you program the SOL voices with the voices on the organ, will
the SOL voices you have chosen, stay with the piston you have selected?
At this point it does not seem to work the way I though it would. For
example: If Disk 1 is in the PR300S and I choose to use the Gedeckt
voice on the Great (midi A), you must have that voice showing on the
PR300S screen. I was under the impression that if you had the right disk

in the machine the organ would know what voice to use from the floppy.

2. Can one control the volume of the SOL voices using the expression
pedals?

3. I tried to set-up the reverberation on the SOL voices using the midi
set-up controls on the 837. Unforunately, the change is only temporary.
I have followed the instructions in the organ guidebook but it does not
seem to work. I realize that the RSS does not work with the voices on
the PR300S and SOL, however, a little bit of reverberation seems to help

round out the sound of the SOL voices.

I would like to say that many of the SOL voices blend very well with the

organ voices. The variety of voices certainly enhance the sound of the
organ.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan Clarke