[rodgersorgan] Trouble in PR-300S land

  • From: "KGramlich" <keith.gramlich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 06:10:08 -0400

Hi everyone,

I play an Insignia 557 w/PR 300S at my church on Sunday. I use the PR as my
accompaniment for the choir, as well as for additional sounds while I am
playing the organ (I usually keep my PR sounds on the Mem2 pistons, and use
them along with some organ registration). I have had a problem that I cannot
figure out how to remedy.

I have been having a situation, where I will be playing a piece on the organ,
using one of the those Mem2 pistons, where I have PR sounds along with organ
registration. When I then go to cue up a song on the disc (like for the choir
anthem), and play it, the Track 1 sound patch (which I usually have as piano),
changes to whatever the last sound was that I played on the organ. For
instance, I have an anthem recorded on the PR and saved to disk. I am only
using PR sounds on the disc (no organ), therefore my MIDI control on the organ
has been set to "Send Only". I have the anthem cued up on the PR before the
Service starts. During my playing of the prelude and maybe a hymn, I am using
organ registrations that incorporate a PR sound patch or two. Assume that when
I recorded the anthem to disc, i used the Piano on track 1, channel 1. When I
then go to start the anthem at that point in the service, that track 1 channel
1 piano patch ends up being whatever the last great manual MIDI sound was. The
only way I have been able to eliminate this problem, is just before the anthem
starts, I shut down the organ and PR unit and turn them back on to re-set them.

Any better ideas out there?? I'm sure I'm doing something really wrong, but I
am new to MIDI, so I am quite green when it comes to these things.

Thanks everyone!!

Keith

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com