[rodgersorgan] Re: Trouble in PR300S Land

  • From: Jhockin1@xxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 08:29:23 EDT

Yes, Noel has some good points about the settings of the Send and Receive. I
usually set the organ to send STOPS only and receive STOPS AND PISTONS (S&P).
Someone told me this a while back, but maybe receiving STOPS only is a good
idea? Need to check on this. Anyone else know?

Also Keith said that he has the PR300 sequence dialed up and ready to go. I
used to do that and was so proud of myself for being organized, but I found
my MIDI sounds changed when I finally played it. That will not work if you
use other MIDI sounds after you dial up the song. When you dial up a song it
sets the MIDI piston sounds. But, if you use other sounds between when you
dial up the song and actually push "Play" to play it the sounds will become
what the last piston called for.

My solution? - Dial up the song only before you play it. To save time if you
have a lot of songs on your disk, dial up the song just under the one you
want to play so all you have to do is move the Alpha dial up one song.

For instance, I want to play song #17 at the end of the service and I want it
ready to go. But I am going to push a lot of pistons before the time I need
to play that song, and maybe some of my pistons have MIDI sounds on them. But
if I start from the NEW SONG screen I have to dial through 17 songs.

So...dial up song #16 so you are close to #17. You are not going to play #16,
but when it comes time to play #17 rotate the Alpha dial from #16 to #17. The
MIDI sounds will load into the pistons as soon as you dial up #17. And it
takes very little time to go from #16 to #17. Press Play and away you go. It
works for me!

Jim Hockin, Rodgers Organ Studio, Minneapolis

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com