[rodgersorgan] Re: The Organ Harp

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 21:27:23 -0500

Matt G. wrote:

> The Harp also works well with the Flute Celeste 8' and Larigot 1-1/3'
> together.
>
> Matt G.

Matt,

This goes against all principles of organ registration (!) but so does
using tremulants with mixtures...and I have heard that done effectively
too, but I think you have a piece of music in which it works...tell us a
bit more about the type of music you would play so we can understand how
to use this combination and how it works for you.

Teh rules of registration are like the rules of harmnoy, you apply them
to make your music sound in the style of the period.  Parallel fifths
indicate you are not playing using baroque harmonies, for example.

*
Frog Music Press Introduces two new books:
Hymn Tune and Classical Duets for Organ and Piano (or PR-300)
----