[rodgersorgan] Re: The Audio Out

  • From: Ralph Cullen <rcullen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:56:01 -0700

At 05:51 PM 8/13/2002, you wrote:

>A local church isn't able to get an organist quite often. They have a
>small pipe organ (without MIDI), so the only thing that really can be
>used is a recording. I have access to a laptop computer, so I could make
>audio recordings of the most common hymns and liturgies on the Rodgers
>807 that I frequently "stop in" to play (it's at a country church on my
>way to school). My question is this: how will the audio quality be if I
>take the audio from the "Audio Out" of the organ?

Answer:
Aweful.
Record the organ with microphones get the mix of the room and the natural
ambience from what's around. Direct audio out is confined and "in your face"
Cheers,
Ralph Cullen
Rodgers Dealer
New Zealand

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com

Now shipping:  HERITAGE HYMNS for the PR-300 and organ solo...play with a MIDI
Orchestra.