[rodgersorgan] Temperamental Bach

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:03:44 -0400

We are pleased to announce the final stages of the release of a CD, on the
Rodgers Organ, called The Temperamental Bach.

This is a landmark recording, as it has the same organ, playing the same stops,
in exactly the same way, playing three Bach Works...in different temperaments.
Using MIDI we are able to avoid the trap of playing the temperaments, meaning,
interpreting the music to influence the listener to like one more than the
other.

Enter into a world of pure thirds, clashing fifths, dissonance and harmony.
Pull out your reference books...what was the temperament of the organ Bach was
playing when he wrote each of these works.  Can you tell by listening?

To start:

Fantasis and Fugue in F

1.  Equal Temperament
2.  Mean Tone
3.  Kirnberger

The Little Harmonic Labyrinth (Wanders through all the keys)

4.  Equal Temperament
5.  Mean Tone
6.  Pythagorean
7.  Kirnberger
8.  Werckmeister I
9.  Werckmeister III
10. Young I
11. Young II

Wir Glauben All

12. Equal Temperament
13. Mean Tone
14. Pythagorean
15. Kirnberger
16. Werckmeister I
17. Werckmeister III
18. Young I
19. Young II

The Temperamental Bach CD will go on sale shortly...at a ridiculously low price!

--
noel jones, aago
noeljones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

!