[rodgersorganusers] Re: Tell us about your favorite Christmas Music

  • From: WmMTexas@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:31:50 EST

In a message dated 12/12/2003 12:22:25 PM Central Standard Time,
jkstiles@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< If so, can you give me some help in
 how to convince them that other music fits the bill of
 music appropriate to music?  Or should I just right them
 off as ninnies and ignore them? >>
I believe this is called "educating the congregation".  Be sure to keep the
traditional Christmas carols and hymns in your church service.  And then
introduce something "new" to their ears.  I remember when MIDI was first
brought out
by Rodgers, and many, many people did not want to accept it as "approprate
music".  Well, times have changed, thanks to musicians who educated their
people, whether redneck or stiff-collar, that music comes in many forms.  It
wasn't
too long ago that country-western was considered to be "hillbilly" stuff!   I
remind my own congregation that Christmas comes around only once a year, so if
they hear something they don't like, rest easy folks as it will at least a
year before they hear it again.....hehehhehhehe.
If you have any difficulty with this or PayPal,
please contact noeljones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for help!