[rodgersorganusers] Sundays' events (11/9)

  • From: Illjane@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:57:26 EST

   The crisis for this Sunday.
   This Sunday was not communion at the traditional service.  Living Word
uses the Green Lutheran Worship hymnal.  It suggests that the prayers be moved
each time there is communion or not and this has been causing troubles.  The
secretary forgets sometimes to change it in the bulletin.  Fortunately, I, the
organist, take my cue from the Pastor - wherever he goes, I follow.  Well, I
was
prepared to play the anthem which we sing while the offering is collected
when Pastor skips to the prayers.  So, I hurried back to the organ from the
synthesizer  ready to ding as he reads the prayers of the deceased (which he
forgot
to do last Sunday for all Saints day)  He read two names, not four, then
immediately started "saying" the Lord's Prayer.  Well, the church had requested
that we sing the Malotte Lord's Prayer once a month, and we had already missed
whole month with his doing that, or our forgetting, so, I started playing on
top of the speaking.   The congregation figured it out and sang along.  Then
Pastor gave the benediction.  At which time the choir members were waving their
music in the air to let him know that they did not sing their anthem because
he did not have them collect the offering.  The whole congregation started
talking until the choir started the anthem!
          Well, maybe we need to put the prayers in a more consistent place -
not to be changed for communion or not?
                                             Jane

If you have any difficulty with this or PayPal,
please contact noeljones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for help!

Shop for Playing Guides to your Rodgers Organ at Frog Music Press