[rodgersorgan] Re: Sound Organ Library (SOL)

  • From: Jhockin1@xxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 09:00:09 EDT

I too use the SOL by Hector on my home 527. I find some of them have that
extra vibrato or something added as you hold the note. But they do add a lot if
you keep the volume reasonable and combine them with the appropriate matching
organ registrations. Also I found that when using them on the 527 (and other
organs for that matter) you need to be sure the keyboards are not velocity
sensitive. Nothing quite like a Dulzian that is velocity sensitive.

The 527 ships with velocity sensitivity on. Maybe the 557 and 577 do also but
I cannot recall.

Jim Hockin, Rodgers Organ Studio of Minneapolis