[rodgersorgan] Re: Rodgers Pipe Organ

  • From: "Van Howard" <vbhoward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:50:26 -0400

Carlo -

Yes, it was a memorable evening.  My music director and I were in Dallas at
a music convention (Kempke's) and we flew down to Houston for the evening
for the concert.  We arrived early and went into the auditorium to check out
the organ.  We had met Diane Bish several times at concerts and workshops
and were surprised to see her at the console an hour before the concert in
her street clothes.  We walked up and she said she really didn't have time
to talk, that the organ had had a microprocessor failure and she was
frantically reprogramming all her combinations for the concert.  So not to
continue rambling, it appears that there was a fairly significant failure
with the memory prior to the concert.

I'm not aware of another all-pipe Rodgers instrument.  I have a bunch of AGO
magazines from that era that I have been using to do some research for our
church (we are designing a custom 4-manual with pipes) and I haven't come
across another all-pipe example.

Thanks -

Van Howard