[rodgersorgan] Re: Rodgers 35D

  • From: <dallas_wood1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:12:04 -0400

 Thankyou Noel for the Manual and Paul for offering help in the
re-balancing/re-voicing/reconditioning of the instrument!  I was able to narrow
down and correct most all problems.  Instead of 2 thirds of the organ working,
I am now up to about 95 percent.
  The remaining 5 percent is not important enough at the moment but i'll
describe the symptoms to anyone who is interested as i can not quite get these
two problems narrowed down.

  Prior to following the manual and resetting ALL voices and output chasis
settings i had little or no choir voices, no carillon and harp, no celestes,
etc, etc...  Whomever adjusted this instrument before really did a crappy job
as some stuff was maxed out such as the diapaison out and some were completely
shut out like the giegen diap on the swell rack.

  So now that i have followed the revoicing/rebalancing instructions, here are
the remaining troublesome discoveries:

1.  The unit flute output is not consistant in pattern as the outher 7 outputs
on the output chasis.  My instrument is mixed to 4 channels fed into a
radioshack mixer board.  The channels are as follows:
  1.  Unit Diap
  2.  Swell reeds + flutes (mixed at the output chasis)
  3.  Pedal
  4.  Unit Flute (this caries the great flutes, most of the choir division and
a few scattered stops here and there.)
  This output seems to peg the VU meters on the mixer board yet the volume is
way to low.  I can and have avoided this by turning the treble EQ setting all
the way down and found a happy medium but something is wrong with either this
output or somewhere else inside the organ.  Problem 2 leads me to beleive there
is something inside the organ -

2.  The Gemshorn is completely dead on the choir except for the top octave and
a half. ??  The gemshorn celeste is fine.
3.  Gemshorn '16 is dead on the great.
4.  Bourdon '16 dead on pedal.
5.  Prestant '4 dead on swell.  There are no LDR lamps for the gemshorn (except
the celeste) that i can find.
6.  Twelth 2 2/3 same as # two only this is on the great.
7.  Trems are extremely weak and un-detectable in normal playing.  Can only
hear them thru headphones while adjusting.  After adjustment, trems stop.

  I have a feeling that with exception of the trems, All other problems are
related.  Any Ideas?  Also, Where can I get the bulbs for the LDR's?  I beleive
they are # 19 bulbs.  Radioschack does not seem to carry a similar bulb.

Thanks all!

Al
go to our website at www.frogmusic.com

go to our website at www.frogmusic.com