[rodgersorgan] Re: Rodgers 321 vs 321A

  • From: Ed Wilson <actionkbd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:07:27 -0700 (PDT)

Bob,
Possibly George K. can tell us a lot more off the top of his head, but there
was an "early" 321, then a "revised" 321, then the 321A (followed by B and C).
Bill is right about the clarinet..in early versions it was "synthysized" from
the Tibia,  the late version derived Clarinet from the Great Main signal
keyers, and had its own pre-amp.
The 321A started with serial number 31284 (according to the S/M).  If it has
six TREM/Vibrato Tabs, then it is an A version, five it is a straight 321. four
tabs it is a B or C.  How many on yours?
Regards,
Ed
 William E Ehrke wrote:
I believe the differences are pretty subtle - for instance, one has a synthetic
Clarinet derived from Tibia pitches at 8', 2-2/3' and 1-3/5', while the other
has an independently voiced Clarinet created by running square waves through a
formant filter.

B.E.

go to our website at www.frogmusic.com

faith.yahoo.com