[rodgersorgan] Public Domain music (Xpost)

  • From: "Jonathan Orwig" <giwro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <PIPORG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"PipeChat" <pipechat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 13:33:11 -0700

Greetings, Friends.

I am beginning a project that will place public-domain organ music on the
'net for free download.  Before you ask, YES, VIRGINIA, the legal
ramifications for EACH PIECE will be carefully researched.

I have a few questions/comments to the list(s):

- If you would be willing to assist by either photocopying or scanning music
and sending me the paper copies/scans let me know.  This is particularly for
those of you who have either copies of PD music in your personal library, or
access to a major music library at a university or college.
- Initially files will be in Finale .mus format, which can be opened and
printed using the free Notepad from Finale... if there is sufficient
interest, it will also be offered in PDF and possibly MIDI files.  Which is
your preference?
- for those not wanting to spend the time d/l all of the files, a CDR will
be available for a small fee.

As this is liable to generate a considerable number of replies please REPLY
TO ME OFFLISTS at
giwro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx so as not to clutter the lists.  I'll post results and a
follow-up in a few days, and will keep you informed of the progress/posting
of new files as they come up.

Musically yours,

Jonathan Orwig

---

New Guide to Playing MIDI Voices...with Music you can play in church.  See
Playing MIDI Live at the Organ at Frog Music Press!

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com