[rodgersorganusers] Re: Price listings

  • From: WmMTexas@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:32:30 EST

Clay.......Your point of "we can sell at whatever price we want to and you
can't do anything about it
because if you're not in my region, I won't sell to you."  This is something
that most people are not aware of, but in the past Rodgers factory made
specific dealer territories, and they were NOT to sell outside of that
territory,
per Rodgers factory!  Some dealers did sell outside of their authorized
territory, but ONLY after getting Rodgers factory permission to do so, and it
was done
with in cooperation with the closest dealer.  Sales of organs therefore, were
NOT like a car or any other item. Because of the individual specific's which
differ from church to church and installation to installation, they had to be
priced and sold as one organ at a time, almost custom so to speak.  In my 23
plus years of selling Rodgers in the past, I can not think of any two
installations that had exactly the same equipment and pricing, due to building
sizes
and acoustic's.  Except for a self-contained organ for a home, I never gave out
a price quote over the phone.  And when pressed by the customer, I would say,
"well our 2-manuals range from 20K to 40K, our 3-manuals are from 45K to 80K,
and customs are above that; however I would need to see your sanctuary before
I could even begin to know what your church needs or what your music program
is in your church. Therefore, can I visit with you to discuss this more and see
your church....at NO obligation or cost to you!"   This always opened many
doors for me.   I have no idea if this is still true or not concerning dealer
territories, and would like to hear from someone who is still a Rodgers
authorized dealer on this point.  That is just one of the reasons most dealers
don't
freely give out prices!
William Morris, Houston

New link to Christmas Music at www.frogmusic.com!