[rodgersorgan] Re: Posted from another list...

  • From: "Noel Heinze" <noel.heinze@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 08:31:34 -0400

Well said, indeed!  I would add that the future the author is discussing is
here now, has been for some time.  Notice also...your minister/priest and
music director probably get various magazines/newsletters free from the
blended/praise industry...do they get AGO magazine or Diapason?  They don't
have to look very far to find "alternative" stuff, audio-visual gear,
accompaniment tracks, etc...it comes to them, maybe as junk mail, but it
comes all the same.  Not so with "traditional" music and instruments.

And yet some of us wonder how/why we seem to be losing this war....

I am increasingly convinced that the war isn't about traditional vs.
contemporary, or organ music vs. praise bands, or classical vs. pop, etc.
It's about who...who calls these shots, who makes the decisions, determines
the rules, keeps the score, sets the agenda, etc.  And I must say it is also
about who let it happen...who failed to resist, who dropped the banner, who
simply abdicated, who went along with it or else...what?

Noel Heinze, Asheville, NC
St. Giles Chapel, Deerfield Episcopal Retirement Community
Rodgers 835B and PR300S

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com